Wednesday 6 October 2010

Musical Trip through the years Part2

So...... moving on from Crummitt

Aged  12  dancing in the old scouts hut on a saturday morning ballet, tap and acro.. whenever i hear down doo be doo down down comma comma ... (well thats what is sounds like and cant be bothered to google- so sally and mum dip your bread) im right back there with the shuffle hop tap then,  stretching at the barre with the big  mirror then typing up my blocks whilst listening to the perv on the piano playing some classical piece (took me a long while to appreciate this music)

Aged about oooh, about 13 got into the mournful moody songs of motown and just lived to sit in my friend Gail's house listening to Diana Ross & The Supremes.. worked myself even more into the hateful horrid teenager I was...

'Love child',, i pretended i was the scorned child with no name..he he.. strange girl I was, wearing my long coat with it's furry hood, bright yellow trousers etc. you get the gist (no fashion sense' whatsover)...
also David Essex, Donny Osmond (i did belong to the fan club), Sweet, Mud, Bay City Rollers (Paula, Pen and I all had some form of tartan clothes) Jackson 5 (the tv show was brilliant- saturday mornings love it)

also around this time I had organ lessons, Dad bought me an organ and I went to charnwood music school to learn it..honestly, I couldn't stand it 'in the shade of the old apple tree...POM POM.. did this for about 3 months before I really couldnt stomach it any more.

Then ....my life changed... I was asked to babysit for hippies who lived in a very old crumbly house nr to Gail's. and my musical taste and style altered quite dramatically.
Alan (who was gay but also married to Joss) had 2 kids and they were horrible.. the boy aged 5 had green hair and the girl Abigail did nothing i asked her to do and they were constantly fighting...There was also Ev who was a die-hard lesbian and all 3 and the kids lived together.. Joss  who was very softly spoken and never shouted, wore long tied died dresses and jewellary (which she made herself)and they offered me dope , scotch and vodka when they came home and left me for hours with an ample supply of chocolate ,spare rib magazine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spare_Rib and free run of their music

Thank you to the hippies for introducing me to Bob Marley & The Wailers... ooooh i loved these and spent alot of time dancing with the hideous kids, on my own and with them when they came back stoned, pissed and even more stoned....  oooh yeah we're Jamming, Jamming, Jamming, Jamming and i hope you like Jamming too and ..... I spent alot of time here until  I was about 15
Joss wanted to make me a dress so i could be the same as her and Ev but unfortunately i dare not ask mum for the money as she may have wanted to investigate the hippies and i could not risk it!!

Thank you so much hippy house for helping me to grow up, I became quite outragous and daring with my clothes and often Alan and I would swop jeans for a while.... drainpipes that is.

Iron, Lion, Zion, Stir it up ,, but if I could identify a song that really changed my clothes and styles  was
Stand up for your rights - there were other bands but i can't remember them

 Moving onto the  little inbetweeners which i will go into in Part 3  and PUNK time

No comments:

Post a Comment