Tuesday 26 July 2011

Little Strangers Sarah Waters

Shingles is annoying and boring.. book needed and this one given to me by my sister Paula to have a read.
                                                                     The Little Stranger
Her description of the house is wonderful and Ms Waters made me as attached to it as Dr Faraday. The creepiness of the story is also great but the ending was disappointing.. 'YOU' shouted Caroline (before her cat scramble to hit the floor from the balcony) overheard by the servant girl.  Who was you?  Very annoying how it ended!

Also, just read Kate Atkinson's 'Started early took my dog' I very much enjoyed this book.  Fantastic characters and a wicked plot. I adore the way she flits from one storyline to another, past to present and never feeling lost. Red herring thrown in at the end 'Map of Africa' where had Jackson Brodie seen this before.. well it's certainly not in this book! Other than that tis my read of the month so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment